Saturday, June 19, 2010

missing daddy/dilly-dallying

Mr. Father of my children/life partner has gone on a little adventure without us. He has been gone for a couple of weeks already and we won't see him again until August, and we're missing all the little things that we love about him. While he is gone though, I feel like it will give me a break to kind of take care of myself. This may sound half crazy, seeing as how I've got these two little babies that need very much of me, very much of the time. Still, one less person and one less dog that the mama in me normally takes care of actually makes a bit of a difference.


In other news, I have been trying to get myself to really get some things made that I could sell at craft fairs this coming fall, which is the season for that kind of thing here. I really just need to take the plunge and put all fears out of my head--not doing anything is definitely worse than failing.
My mom is a great inspiration in that area. She started a glass bead business when I was in high school, just setting up at little craft shows after developing quite the hobby. She makes some beautiful beads. By the way she has an etsy shop--Glass Twigs, although she does most of her business locally.
Well anyway.. I guess I am off to fiddle with this pile of little fabric squares and zippers, and hopefully at some point they will become pouches for keeping all the little things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment