Saturday, July 31, 2010

What have I been doing these past weeks??
WEelll, we are currently in California visiting Mr. Dan! yay. but aside from that I have been working on a couple little crafty things, cooking things, and some earthy things too.

Ive taken another go at the crochet rag rug thing, and it has been rather enjoyable since I am now more proficient with the whole crochet method.

So I finally got around to trying out a no-knead bread recipe, and I am absolutely in love. I have read about no-knead bread here and there, but this post here finally got me to check out this book, and what a shame I never actually tested a single recipe while I still had the book out from the Library. No-knead bread rocks!
This also reminds me that I want to build a solar oven if the sun ever comes out...

Now the earthy part is our friends house where we are staying. They have a beautiful garden growing this summer: squash, melons, pumpkins, corn, tomatoes--though none have ripened since it has been so cold lately, peppers, onions, potatoes, beans, lettuce, dyno-kale, and lots of broccoli. Oh and we can't forget the delicious strawberries that Tabitha has eaten almost all to herself.
There are two chickens that we are going to eat soon, and two new baby ducks that have been growing before our very eyes. I hear that duck eggs are very good, and these gals are going to be a'layin.

Now wouldn't it have been wonderful if I had had my camera all this time? Well, Im taking some film pictures that I will have to get developed at some point s I may be able to fill in some pictures eventually.

And I wouldn't want to forget how sweet it is that Tabitha has been attatched to her daddy since we got here. She crys when he leaves without her now! I am going to be sad to leave him on the 15th of August. Well we have him for now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment