Friday, September 3, 2010

Projects.

Quilting. Knitting. Sewing.

I am a project starter, and though I do finish projects, I generally have a whole lot of things going at once so that it takes a while, and then suddenly I have all of these things done.
I am just starting this baby sweater from Vintage Baby Knits. I am doing it in a kind of awful acrylic from the thrift store and though I wish I had the funds to buy beautiful yarn, I like the fact that I may be saving this yarn from the landfill for a little while longer. ( you know Thrift Stores have to throw a lot of stuff away..)
And plus, It's my first sweater.

projects
As you can see, I also have this quilt that I have been quilting by hand in spurts, here and there. At the moment I am keeping it out on the table to encourage its completion.
quilt top

IMG_4864

IMG_4865

Then there are these little pouches that I had to send off to Michigan to find new homes. Which is really cool, but I had to photograph them first. I used an old vinyl tablecloth to line one for my friend to use as a makeup bag, and the other is a gift for her pet-sitter! My first sale!!!
hopefully I will be doing more of that in the near future.

pencil case

IMG_4876

No comments:

Post a Comment