Friday, October 22, 2010

disorder among other things

Things have been crazy, and it probably just means that I need to sit back and relax a while. take a look at the bigger picture. stop getting frustrated. (Yes this is a picture of my son with a huge mouthful of dirt and rocks. He thought it was hilarious)

A few things-
1. I seem to have given up on house work lately. My excuses: It's not my house, I cant really change things to how I would really like them, so why bother cleaning. It's like being her maid-my mother that is. Disorder and chaos ensue.
2. I keep trying to make things. I cant help it. I am working on the balance between crafting (0r doing anything) and mothering, and all I can say is that it is hard.
3. Growing children! Tabitha is 2! We had a lovely birthday dinner for her even though celebrations are always a gray area to negotiate.

My Mr. Man, father to my children, was raised as a Jehovah's Witness. He hasn't practiced since he was in his teens, but he still has so much of it instilled in him. I tend to notice it most when we argue, and also around any kind of Holiday. Don't get me wrong--I am not against their practices or beliefs, I just think that the lack of celebrations is kind of a bummer.
I can understand the mentality behind it, I mean people should go out of their way more often to make every day special and show their loved ones that they love them all year round. Some do. Some don't.
For my daughter's first birthday, I didn't do anything special. But I am seeing so much change in her all the time and I feel that this two year mark has shown so much more change than number one did. So we had a little celebration.

I made her a backpack just her size. Didn't really use a pattern, I just tried to make as few raw seams as possible. The straps are adjustable, and there is a main pocket and a front pocket. I did not iron it at all during any point of its creation. So be it

She likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment