Thursday, October 21, 2010

Ocotillo

I have thought about doing a linoleum block cut for a while, and finally got the supplies together and more importantly, my ideas together. Ocotillo is definitely a special desert plant--looks like a cactus but bursts out with leaves at certain times. Searching through flickr images of ocotillo brought me to a photo with a comment about the plant being protective of its new growth much like an animal with its young.
Anyway I love the concept of the tender young leaves springing out from a sea of thorns.


It feels great to be doing something kind of artistic and reminds me of how much I loved taking art classes when I was in school. I did a lino block cut in high school, except it was a "suicide" print with different layers of color.



I did do a little stamp for my little logo, although I did it in a haphazard manner late at night, and feel like I should do it again, better. I'll show you anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment