Saturday, May 15, 2010

More

We attempted to teach Tabitha sign language, mostly before she turned one. I didn't really do a good job I guess, and she wasn't using signs as I thought she would be able to. She definitely understood some though--like milk, she would most certainly react when we showed her the sign for milk. We stopped using the sign so much when she stopped nursing at about 11 months, and I think it was really her father who only sometimes showed her signs for eat and more and a few other simple things.
A couple of months ago, shortly after Atlas was born Tabitha started using the sign for more, and more recently she has used the sign for eat! I was so surprised and excited that she had remembered even though I had kind of given up on it.
I now feel that signing with children is totally worth it and am certainly going to try a little harder with Atlas.

signing for more!
(I was telling her that I wanted one more picture when she did this)

No comments:

Post a Comment