I love my t-shirt yarn balls.. so affordable!
One of my current projects is a rag rug. I have been thinking about and testing out different methods of making rag rugs for quite some time now. The first method I tried was a round crochet rug. My first obstacle was the fact that I didn't know how to crochet, so I managed to teach myself the basics and created two small rugs that were acceptable at first, but after some wear and washing, I realized that they were simply crocheted too loose and had formed big gaps. I proceeded to pull them out so I could put my "yarn" to another use. I did figure out that I liked working with T-shirt material better than sheets or other woven material--more stretch.
twined... and unfinished
I then discovered twined rag rugs, and twining was something I had recently learned in my weaving class so I built a frame and started twining a rug. And then I had a baby, and well you know, that kind of stuff can get put on the back burner.
So, my twined rug is to this day not completed but in the mean time I tried knitting with my t-shirt yarn and fell in love!
No comments:
Post a Comment